Declare Major or Minor

How to Declare/Change Major

To declare/change your major you must complete the Change/Declaration of Academic Program form and have it signed by the department that you are declaring. Submit the completed form to the Registrar's Office, located in SUB I, Room 2101. Students interesteed in Global Affairs are encouraged to stop by during office hours to meet with an advisor and complete the paperwork.

University Requirements for all Bachelor's Degrees

See the Academic Policies chapter of the University Catalog for all other university requirements and policies, including those involving second bachelor's degrees, credit for more than one undergraduate major (double majors), and academic standing.

How to Declare a Minor

Policies that Apply to All Minors

  • The minor must be listed in the same catalog as your major. If the minor isn't in the catalog of your major, you should consult with your advisor to see about changing catalog year. Most minors require 15 or 18 credits, although a few require 21.
  • At least 8 credits of the minor must be only applied to the minor and may not be used to fulfill your major, concentration, certificate, or another minor.
  • At least 6 credits of the minor must be completed at Mason.
  • Students have to have a minimum GPA of 2.00 in the coursework applied to the minor.