Academic Advising

Graduate Program Coordinator 

Consult the Global Affairs Graduate Program Coordinator for questions related to concerns such as:

  • Issuing Global Affairs graduate course overrides
  • Planning your course schedule
  • Answering questions related to degree progress (meeting requirements) and any issues with how courses are displayed in your degree evaluation
  • Resources at Mason
  • Questions about the program

You can contact and schedule an appointment with the Graduate Program Coordinator by sending an email to

Faculty Advisor 

Consult your faculty advisor for help with:

  • Discussing any academic challenges you are facing, such as in your writing
  • Research and professional development

You will be assigned to a faculty advisor based on your declared specialization. You will receive more details in your first semester in the program. For questions, please send an email to

How to Check your Degree Evaluation and Register for Courses

Along with advisor consultation, all students must track their progress through the online degree evaluation, Degree Works in Patriot Web. The degree evaluation is the audit maintained by the Registrar's Office which tracks course completion. It should be checked each semester before and after registration to ensure that enrolled courses are meeting requirements. 

Each semester before registering for courses, go to Patriot Web to verify your registration time and to ensure you have a record free of holds preventing registration. You can find a tutorial on how to find your registration time ticket in Patriot Web here. For help on how to register, see the registration guide.