New Transfer Orientation Materials

Follow the steps to prepare for your orientation:

Step 1. Watch our new student video. This reviews important resources and the requirements of the Global Affairs degree. 

Step 2. Check to see if your credits have transferred by checking your Unofficial Transcript through Patriot Web--> Student Services --> Student Records --> View Your Unofficial Transcript (select the current semester) --> Display Mason Transcript.

If you do not see that courses have been evaluated yet, review your transferring courses in which you received a grade of C or better and make a list of Mason equivalents using the Transfer Credit Matrix

Please also review your record in Degree Works:

Log in to Patriot Web
Select the “Student Services” tab
Select “Student Profile”
Select “Degree Works”

Your advisor will be using this system during the appointment.

Step 3. Check out the New Transfer Orientation Advising Packet (Coming Soon)


Transfer resources

Academic Credit by Exam (ex. AP/IB/CLEP/SAT subject tests etc.)

Transfer Credit Matrix This database contains courses that have been evaluated to offer transfer equivalency at the University, including all courses from the Virginia Community College System. Use this to look-up course equivalencies for transfer credit.

How to access your transfer credit evaluation in Patriot Web?

  • Go to click on Student Services --> Student Records --> View unofficial Transcript --> Display transfer credit evaluation

Transfer Credit Inquiry Form (PDF). Use this form if you are missing any transfer credit from your evaluation. This includes credit by exam such as AP, IB or CLEP. Before submitting this form be sure you have requested official final transcripts to be sent from the Registrar at your previous institution to Mason’s Office of Admissions or electronically to and have read and understood the criteria for credit acceptance policies.

Transfer Credit Re-Evaluation Appeal Form (PDF). Use this form if you were awarded elective credit for a course and wish to have it re-evaluated as equivalent to a specific Mason course.

Registration resources: