Academic Advising in Global Affairs
Your Global Affairs Advisor can:
- Help you understand degree requirements
- Offer guidance on the transfer admission process
- Help you run a Degree Evaluation and map out the road to graduation
- Discuss and help you declare a concentration
- Offer information on opportunities to enhance your degree including, but not limited to, internships, study abroad, honors in the major, and the Accelerated MA Program in Global Affairs
- Discuss fellowships, research opportunities, and graduate and professional school
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT CLICK BELOW:
We also accept walk-ins on Tuesdays, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm. To see an advisor during walk-in hours, come to the GLOA main office (Mason Hall D215) and you will be referred to one of the available advisors.
Please note the following:
- You may not be able to see your regular advisor for a walk-in appointment
- Walk-ins are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Walk-in hours are approximate and there may be times during the semester when an advisor will not be available because of other university commitments
- The wait for a walk-in appointment may be considerable, especially during busy times of the semester.
- If your situation is complicated, you may be asked to schedule an appointment instead. Common complicated situations include, but are not limited to, Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals and Advisor Meeting Confirmation Forms.
Keys to the advising experience:
In order to make your advising experience as successful as possible, please keep the following in mind:
- Know your situation: Review your own record in Degree Works. Your advisor has access to exactly the same information you do and has no “insider” information into your record.
- Know the requirements: All students should know the applicable university, CHSS, and program policies. Read the University Catalog and the information we provide on this website.
- Bring paperwork: If you know that you need a specific form, you can save time by bringing it pre-filled with your details (G#, name, etc.).
Please find a list of forms for undergraduate students: https://registrar.gmu.edu/forms/undergraduate/